Monday, July 1, 2013

Day 20

At 7:30 this morning I heard the kids yelling through my window "GOOD MORNING JACK-EE-LYN!" It went on for sometime. I didn't even comprehend what was going on I was so tired. But I give up. They found my room. Eventually they gave up from my lack of response after I grumbled a good morning back before falling back to sleep. I'm not sure if I'll be able to sleep in silence when I go back to the US. I'm used to falling asleep to Filipino house music or karaoke and waking up to blasting music or children yelling my name. I got out of bed at 9:30. You would think that with the lazy day yesterday I would feel more rested...not at all. The day started off slow with a light breakfast and the ambition to workout. Celine, Heather and Brigitte are into yoga and planned to do a session. I planned to do insanity. We all day in our room and talked and gossiped for a while before embarking on our workouts. It was a beautiful day after such a crappy one. Pretty hot out, but at this point I'm immune to working out in 90 degree or greater weather. It's actually quite nice and makes for a wonderful cold bucket shower to look forward too. Well I barely got through the whole thing before we were summoned to get our things together and go to a nearby cold springs for an afternoon BBQ and swimming. The other boys except Sean left this morning to go downtown to watch a cock fight. Rob is quite the celebrity in the area. He has come to the Philippines multiple times and stayed in Sorsogon. He has a good friend from the area so us girls heard from everyone how he was serenaded at the event. I wanted to go so bad but apparently we couldn't bring a lot of people. Since we're all going to be here for a longer period of time (most of the boys except Dan and Seam are leaving on the 4th of July) we'll have a chance to go next weekend. 


We got to the cold springs which as a beautiful sight to see. Everything is so exceptionally beautiful here that just when I thought I couldn't be more amazed by one thing I see, I find yet another sight that blows my mind. All of the kids were at the cold springs and we had such a fun time playing with all of them. I was chasing them and throwing them into the water, which only started after they tackled me a few times. We waited for everyone else to join us and gave up and ate lunch without them. We were there for a few hours before deciding to leave and head back right when the rest of the boys showed up. We couldn't be bothered so we proceeded to head back. They said the cock fight was pretty brutal. I still want to see it for myself.


Back at the dorms Celine, Heather, Sean and Brigitte finished their yoga as I decided to finish my workout and go for a short run. The kids tackled me once again as soon as we were back so my run was postponed for a little while. I downloaded angry birds on my iPhone which is just the best thing ever to them on top of taking 1000 photos with my iPhone camera. We took a million photos just being silly and were hugging and following me everywhere. Parenthood looks hard. I love playing with them but my energy runs out and they want my attention 100% of the time. Dr. Schuster had to hold them back as I made a run for it to start my jog. They're adorable and really just the sweetest kids. 


I only got a little over a mile on my run before a familiar jeepney was barreling its way down the road. It stopped and I got in. You don't think I'm that stupid do you? Of course it was our Jeepney filled with all the boys coming back from the cold springs. It was nice to get a ride back, so I wasn't complaining. Back at the dorms the kids greeted us and we hung out on the porch for a while just relaxing, reading and enjoying the perfect breeze and weather with one another. I took a refreshing bucket shower, and went back to listening to some tunes on my iPod soaking in the fact that this has been the most incredible summer of my life in one of the most beautiful places in the world. I already can't wait until I can come back. 


Dinner was fantastic, there isn't a day where it's not and we finished off the night with again some videoke. Rob's version of "Brandy" was my favorite of the night aside from Dave singing some song "I didn't know it would end up like this." Words cannot explain the hilarity 



A transformers shirt? Yes!



1 comment:

  1. Your blog is the most eclectic one can imagine, from typhoons, to OR tension, to cock fights, all with that beautiful scenery and people.Maybe we'll sell you blog to a realty TV show. Call it Asian Anatomy. Can't wiat for the next episode!

    ReplyDelete